I come across a lot of crafting ideas that I like to share and give credit where credit is due. I seem to be promoting someones else’s work more than my own. That’s ok. I love to see other crafters work and maybe their ideas can inspire you and some of my own. Keep on crafting. I kept the orignal share buttons in this post. If you like what you see, email that person. We all like to hear about our work.
Craft Project: Paper Letters
The brightly colored letters shown here are easy and fun to make. They are cut from plain and patterned cardstock. You can use them as birthday accents.Approximate Time:
- white and colored cardstock
- patterned cardstock
- ruler, craft knife, glue stick
- Draw the letter in your chosen font on white cardstock. Use as a template to cut out each letter twice from colored and patterned cardstock.
Note: You can print out the name twice in your chosen font and enlarge on a photocopier to the size you want.
- To make the spacers between the letters, cut 2 1/4 inch wide strips from colored cardstock, making them slightly smaller than the letter so that they won’t show when they are glued in place.
Score and crease a half inch border down each side of the strips.
- Apply glue to the tops of the spacers and attach to the letter.
- Embellish the colored letter with flowers.
- When you stick the two letters together with the spacers, place the letters upright to ensure that when they are joined together they stand upright.
By Maricel from Fairfax, VA